We hope you had a fantastic 2018! Below is a snapshot of our year in review for 2018.
- We are quickly outgrowing our office space and building a new corporate headquarters plus two apartment buildings with a total of 21 apartments in the Town of Colonie at 840 Troy-Schenectady Road, Latham. We look forward to moving in 2019!
- We held our first Sunrise Multifamily Summit on June 8, partnering with the Center for Economic Growth, Hugh Johnson Advisors, SEFCU, and the Albany Business Review for a panel discussion addressing “How many apartment communities can this market bear?” Save the date for our next Summit on May 31, 2019!
- Sunrise received the 2018 Humane Hero Award from the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society at their Gala for Animals on April 28 for adopting the “Pets Are Welcome” policy of no breed or weight restrictions at many of our apartment communities.
- Draper Lofts Apartments received the Renaissance Award from the Chamber of Schenectady County on October 17 for a project that contributes to the ongoing revitalization of Schenectady County.
- Carlton Hollow Apartments in Ballston Spa is Sunrise’s second partnership with the Amedore Group. “The Saratoga Area’s Newest 55+ Community” opened in May and combines upscale living with amenities that offer fun and fitness year-round. When complete, this community will have 128 one- or two-bedroom apartments.
- Mohawk Riverfront Apartments welcomed its first residents in October in the Town of Colonie, near Cohoes. This 30-unit property offers riverfront access and high-end amenities like granite countertops.
- @HudsonPark is a new apartment community opening in early 2019 in the Hudson/Park neighborhood of downtown Albany. This 75-unit community will offer a live-work-play lifestyle with luxury apartment living.
- Van Allen Apartments in North Greenbush, the first partnership between Sunrise and the Amedore Group, is now in the second phase of construction. The community offers luxurious living for you and the ones you love. It was the first Capital Region apartments to receive the “Pets Are Welcome” designation. This community will consist of 224 apartments.
- Draper Lofts Apartments in Rotterdam completed construction and held a ribbon cutting ceremony on July 26. The former school building is now home to 111 studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments offering modern comfort and historic charm.
For more on each of our apartment communities, visit sunrisemc.com/our-properties/.